Montreal is one of the most beautiful and vibrant French-speaking city in Kanada. The city is home to some of the most famous historic structure, with unusual activities sights, sounds, and activities which you can witness all year round. Once you’ve gotten your Kanada Visa, Montreal is the first place you should go. We’ve already summed up all the things you need to know, to make your visit to the beautiful city memorable.
The Best Time to Visit The City
Montreal and Kanada, in general, is beautiful all year round which is why you don’t have to worry about getting your ETA Kanada at a specific period. However, if you want to maximize your visit, it’s essential that you know what season it is and if it’s favorable to you.
- March to June – If you want your visit to be intimate, visit during the Spring season because there are fewer tourists around this time.
- June to September – If you want to fill your days with celebrations and festivals, summer is the best time to visit.
- September to November – If you want a picturesque view of Kanada, come during fall season and marvel at the beautiful changing leaves.
Best Place For First Timers to Stay In
Regardless of where you choose to stay, Montreal will always have a perfect place for you. Here are some of the areas which are best for first timers to keep in:
- Old Montreal – This is where tourists go for the first time, and the locals can guide you around.
- Downton – This is the business district of Montreal, and is pretty convenient since its relatively close to old Montreal.
Places You Shouldn’t Forget to Visit
Walking around Montreal can automatically transport you to a different world. The city boasts if beautiful buildings and architectures, a combination of influences from its former colonizers. You’ll start noticing the beautiful contrasting between the old and modern architecture and begin to appreciate how it’s well maintained until today.
Here are some of the best places you need to visit before leaving the city:
- Bonsecours Market – This architecture featured a beautiful greek and Roman-inspired design and was completed in 1847.
- Mary Queen of The World Cathedral – Your Kanada ETA can bring you to the replica of the Vatican’s Saint Peter’s Basilica. The interior is just as beautiful and mesmerizing.
- Saint Paul Street – This is the most iconic street in Old Montreal’s, and there are several boutiques and galleries which you can visit to understand the City’s history.
Indulge in Delicious French Cuisine
On your first day in Montreal, you’ll begin noticing that the city speaks predominantly French. It shouldn’t come as a surprise to you then, that the city boasts some of the most delicious and authentic French cuisines. If your taste buds are looking for a new adventure, say no more because the city of Montreal will give you that satisfaction.
Start your trip by visiting any of these restaurants, and don’t worry because you won’t regret a thing.
- Beauty’s Luncheonette – This restaurant is an old school diner in Montreal, which offers delicious Eastern European Comfort Food.
- Olive & Gourmando – If you love croissants, paninis, and sandwiches this is the place for you. The cafe is favorite amongst locals, so be sure to come early.
- Tommy – No meal is complete without indulging in some delicious pastries and coffee. Make sure to try their delicacies and pair it with a delightful cup of warm coffee or chocolate.
Last Minute Saving Tips
If you’re afraid that you might not have enough budget for your trip to Montreal, don’t worry because we also got you covered. Here are some tips you can try to cut down your expenses.
- Buy coupons in advance since you can buy them at a discounted rate. If you already know the attractions you’re going to, buy the tickets online.
- Try couch surfing and meet new friends. Accommodations can be expensive in Kanada, which is why Couchsurfing is an excellent cost-cutting measure.
- Maximize Montreal’s great outdoors and activities.
Now that you know what to do sit back, relax, and wait for your ETA to be approved. You’ll enjoy Montreal, and now that you know what to do, you can maximize your visit. Have fun and make your trip a memorable one.